Do you believe in - Once saved always saved.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do you believe in - Once saved always saved.

Post by Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes, I agree with all of these scriptures, I am going to put
it into a nut shell, you are only saved as long as you continue with Him. Yes
we do have all of these promises as long as we continue with Him. Ezekiel 18:4 Behold,
all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is
mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall
live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-03

View user profile http://jesus-1000.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Lee wrote:Yes, I agree with all of these scriptures, I am going to put
it into a nut shell, you are only saved as long as you continue with Him. Yes
we do have all of these promises as long as we continue with Him. Ezekiel 18:4 Behold,
all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is
mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall
live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Notice those verses do not speak of people who are "born again" in Christ Jesus. Anyone who shrinks back of course had no root. Anyone who sins and never accepts Christ shall surely die, exactly. Ezekial 18 is such a good chapter, especially when speaking to people who believe in universalism. Those who believe in this false relegion believe all will be saved- so when showing them Ezekial 18 says the SOUL that sins shall die....you cannot get any more clearer than that! (but that was off topic, LOL) The JUST shall live by faith- AMEN! The Just (who are born again) anyone who is not born again of course will draw back- many even hear the word, and yet still do not believe it, there are those who hear the word, and believe for a short time, but they never have any roots ( the Holy Spirit never takes place in them) Once again to show God is merciful to those whom He wishes to be merciful:
Romans 9:15
For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:18 pm

Are you having fun Lee?
Yes I do believe we will keep going in circles....LOL Laughing
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is fun

Post by Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:00 pm

One who falls back, falls from a point and time when there
were saved (born again). Thay had to fall form a born again state, saved.

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his
righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to All the
abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness
that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath
trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

This righteous person is a born again believer, if he turns
away from serving Jesus and starts to sin, God will not remember any of his former
righteousness, and if he does not repent in time, he will die. Meaning loosing
his salvation, and his eternal Security, all of a sudden is not so Secure. Luke
9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man,
having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Just like Lotís wife, who was delivered from Sodom, and then turned
and was destroyed.

She is a picture of a backslider who, even though was
genuinely saved but turned to sin and never repented.

That is a very dangerous doctrine you are spreading around, If
I were you I would be careful of up to what point that God is finished with
those who do not repent even though they were saved. Esau, sold his birth right and after, he begged
for Godís forgiveness and God never forgave him, it is a picture of him trampling
the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was
sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:29 When you come across those scriptures donít
you wonder what they mean, or do you try to explain away with your Eternal Security
Philosophy by twisting them. You canít
change them, they wonít go away, they will always be there to haunt the Eternal
Security believers.

Especially when they are living in sin. And this is coming
from my wife because the was a backslider and there saved verses haunted her.

You are right I am having loads of fun!!

Going in Circles is cool, and Iím not even getting dizzy. Lee
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:37 pm

9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man,
having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

You are right, no christian would look back. Here is a wonderful verse to explain:
Luke 15:4
"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?

God keeps those who are His. But I will write more later, my hubby just got home..... : )
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsorensen on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

What does sheep have to do with being once saved always saved?
johnsorensen
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 pm

She is trying to say that Jesus will go and get each and
every one of us and bring us back to salvation if we, as sheep wonder off. What
she forgot to mention is that he does not force the sheep to come with Him if
they donít want to, if the sheep wants to stay with their sin, He will let them.
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:44 pm

Mandolyn said,Here are some more:
- Romans 8:1 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, This is the king James version. Romans study 8:1-6
1. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,
who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. You forgot to add the rest of the verse.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4. that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Reed all these verses and se were
Paul is going yes if you walk

According to the flesh you will
die and go to hell. But if you walk according to the Spirit you will live. It
pretty much explains itself does it not?? That means you do have to walk right?
God is not forcing us to walk is he, and we are not vegetables, are we? Just a
thought. Mandolyn tell me something when you see all the verses Lee and I have
given you, did you ever asked yourself why did God said that we should die if
we sin. God after tells us If you look back or turn back we are worse than a
dog who goes back to his own vomit, or my soul has no pressure in him. Why? God
is pulling all the bottoms according to you; we do not count because we are
always saved according to you. So why fear God. Why walk the narrow path, why
should we guard our own salvation and work out our own salvation with fear and
with trembling. God bless you and your family. Anna
Anastasia
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 2568

View user profile http://www.yeshuastruth.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:28 am

Anna, Those who walk according to the Spirit are saved. When we fall weak to the flesh we are convicted by the Spirit- because the Spirit lives in us. I wrote all about the importance of conviction- if you scroll down after reading below. (remember many will say they KNOW the Lord, but on that day He will say depart from ME I never knew you- He never KNEW them. They were not His sheep!)

This is on Revelation 2:5- a commentary by Fausset and Brown
3. borne . . . patience--The oldest manuscripts transpose these words. Then translate as Greek, "persevering endurance . . . borne." "Thou hast borne" My reproach, but "thou canst not bear the evil" ( Rev 2:2 ). A beautiful antithesis.
and . . . hast laboured, and hast not fainted--The two oldest manuscripts and oldest versions read, "and . . . hast not labored," omitting "and hast fainted." The difficulty which transcribers by English Version reading tried to obviate, was the seeming contradiction, "I know thy labor . . . and thou hast not labored." But what is meant is, "Thou hast not been wearied out with labor."

4. somewhat . . . because--Translate, "I have against thee (this) that," &c. It is not a mere somewhat"; it is everything. How characteristic of our gracious Lord, that He puts foremost all He can find to approve, and only after this notes the shortcomings!
left thy first love--to Christ. Compare 1Ti 5:12 , "cast off their first faith." See the Ephesians' first love, Eph 1:15 . This epistle was written under Domitian, when thirty years had elapsed since Paul had written his Epistle to them. Their warmth of love had given place to a lifeless orthodoxy. Compare Paul's view of faith so called without love, 1Cr 13:2 .

5. whence--from what a height.
do the first works--the works which flowed from thy first love. Not merely "feel thy first feelings," but do works flowing from the same principle as formerly, "faith which worketh by love."
I will come--Greek, "I am coming" in special judgment on thee.
quickly--omitted in two oldest manuscripts, Vulgate and Coptic versions: supported by one oldest manuscript.
remove thy candlestick out of his place--I will take away the Church from Ephesus and remove it elsewhere. "It is removal of the candlestick, not extinction of the candle, which is threatened here; judgment for some, but that very judgment the occasion of mercy for others. So it has been. The seat of the Church has been changed, but the Church itself survives. What the East has lost, the West has gained. One who lately visited Ephesus found only three Christians there, and these so ignorant as scarcely to have heard the names of St. Paul or St. John" [TRENCH].

Also note- many verses you give are excellent in showing that whoever does NOT abide in Christ does not belong to Him. How do we abide in Christ? His Spirit lives in us.
1 John 3:24
Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
Those who are HIS have His Spirit. Those who do not keep His commandments, who do not obey- who backslide who go their own way, do not have His Spirit.
1 John 4:13
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

Last edited by Mandolyn Rain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:40 am

I feel like you are not listening to me. I feel like I have tried so hard at getting the point across that if someone is teaching that you are saved and can still sin, THEY ARE WRONG. I am not following that false doctrine. I am following God's word on this subject of who are His and who are not His. About how He guarantees us His Spirit as a seal of ownership:
Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

If anyone says they are saved, and yet willingly sins how can they be saved? How? Jesus says we will know them by their fruits! If one does not bear fruit, they are cast out-- they were not saved!! How can we bear fruit? From His SPIRIT living in us- (verse above) We know we belong to Him (abide in Him) because of His Spirit- this means the born again christian DESIRES to serve the Lord, because it is the Spirit who gives us that desire and the Spirit who HELPS us serve Him- we cannot do this on our own.
Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
Jesus says "Apart from Me you can do nothing" Right? I have gone over this many times now, so I think it is best to leave it at that.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
We who are saved at times will sin, this is because we are in constant battle with the flesh, we are still on this earth- and our flesh is weak. But it is the conviction of the Holy Spirit that continually turns us around- gives us the desire to repent and ask forgiveness. (We know we are forgiven, but God says He is opposed to the proud but gives grace to the humble, right? -James 4:6) So when we are saved does this mean we think we can get away with sin? NO! Anyone who thinks that is NOT a true believers in Christ. Anyone who believes that is not following the Lord. Because He gives us His Spirit that leads us into all truth, giving us the desire and will to follow Him. Without the Spirit one cannot be saved.
Ephesians 1:13
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

(There are SOO SOO many scriptures I could go over and over but I have spent so much time on here already, that I need to go attend to my two year old) So think about everything I have said- think about the hearts of believers and how we must be changed when we are saved- not saying we do everything perfect and if you do not do what is perfect you are not saved, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that. I am saying anyone who says they are saved, and backslides over and over without repentence, how can the Spirit live in them? Conviction is the KEY- and I praise God for conviction! Seeing their "Fruit" -- as all believers DESIRE to serve and honor the Lord. Do they not?
And if one starts to go astray, does not the lord bring them back? (And when I say "back" this does not mean they must become saved again-- how can you take Christ back to the cross? What he has done is finished once and for all-- this just means they are brought back with conviction, admitting their sin and God placing them back on that narrow path, does this say He took away His Spirit from them? He took away their name from the book of life? -- PLEASE remember the word "book" in some scriptures is NOT pertaining to the actual book of life recorded in Revelation.) I encourage you to go to www.blueletterbible.org to get the hebrew and greek texts of meanings of scripture. Awesome website~

Last edited by Mandolyn Rain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:51 am

Also the soul that sins shall die- YES. The soul that does not have Christ shall die because they are dying in their sins! They did not come to acknowldge Jesus as Lord, nor repent of sin and follow Him. They did not receive His Spirit if they ever did hear the word of truth- they were not truly converted. They will die in their sins. Anyone who does not have Christ will die in their sins, for they were not born again.
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I have more that proven my point to you on once saved always
saved. You are a very smart woman. I would very much like to try you out on
other subjects of Scripture to see how you do. What else do you know. Lets move
to a new subject.
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain on Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:22 pm

K Lee, check out the question and answers forum, I will ask a question there.
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top