The jezabel spirit....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The jezabel spirit....

Post by 4Zion on Tue May 27, 2008 12:44 pm

In recent years the topic of "the Jezabel spirit" has become a issue that many have grabbed hold of sometimes to expose spiritual deception and manipulations and other times to condem or challenge anyone who disagrees with leadership in a congregation.
I would like to focus on what it is and what it is not today.
The spirit of jezabel is not something spoken of or described specifically in scripture ,by this title. The name "Jezabel" is of course refering to the wife of king Ahab.Infamous for persecuting YHVH's prophet Elijah and seeking to kill all of God's prophets in the kingdom.While promoting Baal worship in the land.Her key charicture traits were pride, arrogance and manipulation. She of course was an enemy of the true God of Israel.

Her name and the spirit that accompanies it are often associated with "feminism" This is accurate in one sense but the spirit behind the name is not just a feminist spirit. The charicturistics can and are evident in men as well as women.It is important to understand this as the focusing on one gender is not the issue, the spirit and its goals are.

This spirit is manipulative, it seeks control, and it is very prideful. It will use women to try to gain positions of leadership and control(over men) in congregations.Positions that are not given to them by God's word. In this respect it does use feminist influence. It is easily recognized when this happens as many men are sensitive to that aspect. So many men associate it with feminist agendas which want to spiritually neuter men.

But the truth is many men also exhibit the very same charicturistics. You see the issue here is control and pride which are not gender specific. In fact many men accept the idea that Paul was a male chavinist and that some of his writings are biased toward women.The problem with that viewpoint is that if Paul was just putting his own ideas into scripture then how much of what he wrote must be disregarded? The answer is all of his letters of correction to the congregations. We cannot pick and choose what is valid in scripture. If that were the case we must remove all of Pauls writings and also Peters since he agrees with Pauls writings and considers Paul and apostle of God! Ok that almost eliminates the New testiment except the gospels and a couple of of the other apostolic letters.

This is a serious issue, as you can see. To label some one with the "jezibel spirit" is also serious, and can actually be used by a leader that manifests the spirit of pride and control himself. We must use caution and dicernment of the spirits behind the labels.If a pastor is not humble, and submissive to the word BEWARE! In fact this is the best gauge I have found to discern this spirit's activity. Is the person manipulative? Are they seeking positions of control? What are their motives? We are warned about not making a young man a leader as the sin of pride is too easily fallen into. Ever met a prideful or arrogant pastor or church leader? I guarentee there are plenty of them out there!

I have found that those who are controlled by the influence of this type of spirit are easily angered and become bitter. If the issue of pride or control is pointed out backbiting and rumors will soon follow as the spirit will try to shift the attention onto the one who exposes it. I have seen this happen and was close to the person who was exposed. Suddenly gossip and devisive issues were running rampent. Divisions in the body are often a direct result of this spirits activity. These are some issues that the believers in congregations should be aware of. We must be watchmen and be aware of the enemies tactics among us. Remember that we shall know them by their fruits. Are they bearing fruits of bitterness and discention? Or sweet fruits of love and unity?

Blessings in Yeshua! 4Zion

4Zion Moderator

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The jezabel spirit....

Post by 4Zion on Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Wanted to add a couple things to the topic I shared earlier on the "Jezebel spirit" The book of Revelation 2:18-20 Yeshua warns the church of Thyatira vs 19 I know your (good) works,your love and faith,your service and perserverance,and that you are now doing more then you did in the beginning.
Nonetheless I have this against you:You tolerate that woman"Jezebel", who calls herself a prophetess .By her teaching she MIS leads my servants into sexual immorality (fornication) and the eating of food sacrificed to idols....
This challenge to the church by Yeshua points out the errors being taught by the prophetess. Fornication and eating meats sacrificed to idols . Paul instructs the leaders also in these issues of fornication and eating meat with the blood in it. The common mode of sacrifice by the pagans was to strangle the animal to keep the blood in the meat. So the word of Yeshua seems to be speaking of the same issues.
The aspect of immorality is certainly something the Lord is very concerned of in both a physical as well as spiritual sense. The term adultry and idolitry are of the same root and the meanins are vertually identical as one is physical unfaithfulness and the other spiritual unfaithfulness. The seduction of spiritual and physical aspects seems to come to mind here. The prophetess claims to be from God but in fact she is a false prophetess who misleads. The rebuke to the church is that they permit her to teach, thus misleading people into sin.

Sometimes an individual might present themselves as someone who speaks on behalf of YHVH. They can gain a foothold in a congregation and a following of those who believe them.This is often the way a cult group begans. The divisions that are caused split or destroy the church .The apostate group then forms a "church" of their own having eliminated the spiritual leadership affectively. They now are free to teach whatever they wish without the threat of exposure by those with spiritual discernment.

This is often the pattern followed as groups split and form additional denominations spliting and dividing the body of Christ and undermining the gospel message. The world sees disunity and the credibility of the witness is undermined.

Jude has some interesting things to say about this type of rebellion and Jude 1:8-16 speaks specifically of the attitude and the judgement of this type of devisive and rebellious religious leadership. I think we will find several things there that we can relate to in our experiences in various churches.

It is important that we realize that people who are believers can be deceived and lead away by their own prideful lust for power and control. The fallen spirits grasp on to these weaknesses and create a stronghold using the sins of the individual and their fleshly desires to control and manipulate.Then cause shipwreck to congregations. Those who are good speakers and have natural charisma often are the most suseptable to being manipulated by deceiving spirits. The pride rises up and they can easily justify their actions. I am not specifically taliking about demon possession here but it could lead to that point.

I do believe that this is a key issue in the great falling away or the apostacy of the church of the last days.Pray that we are not deceived! Father give us wisdom and spiritual discernment . Protect us against the wiles of the adversary! We pray in the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach! Shalom
"

4Zion Moderator

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top