Ex 16:27-30

Go down

Ex 16:27-30

Post by clark thompson on Tue May 02, 2017 2:09 am

Exodus 16:27-30 King James Version (KJV)
27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

Exodus 16:27-30 New Century Version (NCV)

27 On the seventh day some of the people went out to gather food, but they couldn’t find any. 28 Then the LORD said to Moses, “How long will you people refuse to obey my commands and teachings? 29 Look, the LORD has made the Sabbath a day of rest for you. So on the sixth day he will give you enough food for two days, but on the seventh day each of you must stay where you are. Do not go anywhere.” 30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

New Century Version (NCV) The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

27 The people didn’t get it, sometimes God tells us what will happen and when that time happens we don’t get it. We still want to do what we did even though God told us it would be different.

28 Them going to gather food, was them wanting to break the Sabbath. The day before the Sabbath is called preparation day because it is the day they prepare everything to keep rest on the Sabbath.

29 God explains that they need to keep the Sabbath and that He provided for them to keep it. God makes provision for us to always honor Him.

30 The people learned and then kept the Sabbath.

clark thompson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2013-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum