Ex 16:3-5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ex 16:3-5

Post by clark thompson on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 am

Exodus 16:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.
4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.
5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

Exodus 16:3-5 Darby Translation (DARBY)
3 And the children of Israel said to them, Would that we had died by the hand of Jehovah in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh-pots, when we ate bread to the full; for ye have brought us out into this wilderness, to kill this whole congregation with hunger!
4 Then said Jehovah to Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather the daily need on its day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or not.
5 And it shall come to pass on the sixth day, that they shall prepare what they have brought in; and it shall be twice as much as they shall gather daily.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 They were longer for their lives of bondage donít we as Christians do this when we choose sin over the Lord? They were wanting to be back in Egypt in bondage simply because they were no longer pleased with Godís blessings. Often times we fall into a sinful mind frame because we no longer are pleased with His blessings and look for something else rather then seek Him, the people wanted to go back rather then seek God for the answer, why is it God is often times the last we turn to when He should be the first.

4-5 God was going to drop manna for the sky all they had to do was get it, He would provide them day to day they would not have more then what they needed that day, they would have to gather everyday but the Sabbath for the Sabbath they would have to gather extra the day before so that they had enough if they did not gather ahead for the Sabbath then they would not have food to eat, God often times wants gives us things but expects us to use them as our service to Him, God dropping the bread was a blessing whether they gathered it or not often times we miss Godís blessings because we donít claim them.

clark thompson

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2013-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex 16:3-5

Post by Anastasia on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:22 am

Very well said, us Christians knows that JESUS was the bread of life back than and now, also we must eat the WORD of GOD because JESUS is the WORD made flesh and dwelt among us. We still have our Bibles we still can commune with HIM.
Nice bible study brother Clark, be blessed.
Anastasia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Female Number of posts : 2361
Registration date : 2008-02-03

View user profile http://www.yeshuastruth.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum