Ex 15:25-27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ex 15:25-27

Post by clark thompson on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Exodus 15:25-27 King James Version (KJV)
25 And he cried unto theLORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am theLORD that healeth thee.
27 And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.

Exodus 15:25-27 Darby Translation (DARBY)

25 And he cried to Jehovah; and Jehovah shewed him wood, and he cast it into the waters, and the waters became sweet. There he made for them a statute and an ordinance; and there he tested them.
26 And he said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of Jehovah thy God, and do what is right in his eyes, and incline thine ears to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the complaints upon thee that I have put upon the Egyptians; for I am Jehovah who healeth thee.
27 And they came to Elim; and twelve springs of water were there, and seventy palm trees; and they encamped there by the waters.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

25 This was important because they were about to soon die from thirst and Moses went to the Lord and He took care of the need, God answers are needs in His timing, sometimes it takes us going to Him, He knew they needed water to begin with but wanted them to turn to Him, He wants us to make a habit out of turning to Him. There could have something to this tree to make the water could or it could have happened simple because Moses listened to Godís word. Things happen when we listen to Godís word. Them not having water may have been the test or what they did when they needed something most likely was the test. They could have turned away; God will test us today as He did them.

26 We are to what is right even when we are not having things go our way. They would be spared from the plagues if they followed Him, God would protect them from what the world could bring them if they obeyed Him, we as Christians today have a heavenly hope for following Him. The greatest sickness He heals is sin but was only by Him dying on the cross for us.

27 They stayed near the water this was their next stop while they were complaining about thirst if they trusted God a little further they would have found water here where the Lord had lead them. The palms would have made this a great place to stop a rest because they would give shade.

clark thompson

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum