Ex 14:13-20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ex 14:13-20

Post by clark thompson on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Exodus 14:13-20 King James Version (KJV)
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14 The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
15 And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
16 But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
17 And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
18 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:
20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

Exodus 14:13-20 Living Bible (TLB)

13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch, and you will see the wonderful way the Lord will rescue you today. The Egyptians you are looking at—you will never see them again. 14 The Lord will fight for you, and you won’t need to lift a finger!”
15 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Quit praying and get the people moving! Forward, march! 16 Use your rod—hold it out over the water, and the sea will open up a path before you, and all the people of Israel shall walk through on dry ground! 17 I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they will go in after you and you will see the honor I will get in defeating Pharaoh and all his armies, chariots, and horsemen. 18 And all Egypt shall know that I am Jehovah.”
19 Then the Angel of God, who was leading the people of Israel, moved the cloud around behind them, 20 and it stood between the people of Israel and the Egyptians. And that night, as it changed to a pillar of fire, it gave darkness to the Egyptians but light to the people of Israel! So the Egyptians couldn’t find the Israelis!

Living Bible (TLB) The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 God knows when fear comes upon Moses was perhaps unable to talk to God at this point due to his fear so God spoke to Him to let him know He was still there and things would be alright, then after he could hear then God told Him what to do often times we do not hear God say anything because we fear something or He is waiting on us to listen.

14 It was very important that Egypt learn the Lord fought for Israel, they would no longer go after them because of this and their destruction that the Lord brings on them thru this.

15 Sometimes we cry out to the Lord and look for direction when we need to moving.

16 Moses was going to what God had commanded and God would split the sea, many people even today look at Moses as the one who parted the sea but it was God.

17 The Lord was telling Moses what would happen so he could tell the people so they could go and His glory could be shown. Egypt would run across what was sea not thinking how it rose and became dry land or that it became dry and no longer is parted.

18 Egypt would learn who God truly was because of this but for many of them it would to late and they would die in the sea, people should turn to God when they still have a chance because it could be too late.

19 This was to show that God was protecting them against Israel. God had already told them where to go and now God was going destroy Egypt for all they had done to His people.

20 Egypt was always in darkness because they did not have the light of truth that came from God. Israel was walking in the paths God had for them or in the light.

clark thompson

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2013-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum